Our Three Pillar View
We believe in taking the stress out of the college process and we accomplish this with a team of experts representing three pillars of expertise. The Academic Admissions counselor is the quarterback for the entire engagement, working over the long haul to empower your student to better self-awareness and execution of the college process. These steps are supported by our Career Assessment specialist that identifies the intersection of strengths and interests into Personal Fit, and our Financial Affordability specialist, who evaluates and recommends the best ways to pay for college, with the least debt. Our three pillar methodology is one that we know works, creating satisfied parents and happy, accomplished students.
We work with the student to develop criteria that explores college majors with built-in bandwidth to shift as they grow. We evaluate support services, internship options, faculty ratio, research opportunities, study abroad, and learning environment.
- Implement Milestones to College™ project plan
- Discuss standardized tests
- Review high school curriculum
- Evaluate student’s competitive position with our proprietary CAP Index software
- Identify 20-30 colleges
- Arrive at a final list of 8-10 colleges
- Help students finalize their criteria
- Prepare for college visits and interviews
- Discuss “demonstrated interest”
- Discuss extracurricular activities
- Review personal statement/essay
- Review Common Application and supplemental essays
Our assessment specialists work with your student on self-discovery exercises to determine aptitudes and interests, as well as possible majors and career tracks. The process reveals learning styles with attention to the students social-emotional health, in support of discovering a sense of belonging in their future college community.
- Proprietary combination of personality and career assessments
- Gain confidence and clarity in choice of major and career direction
- One-on-one meetings
- Identify your learning style
- Streamline your communication skills
With our proprietary CAP Index tool, we are able to pinpoint colleges where your student will find the best financial awards. We understand the mechanics behind need- and merit- based aid eligibility. We are confident that the best education, matching your student’s criteria, is achievable without putting you into excessive debt or impacting your retirement.
- Provide detailed aid eligibility analysis with financial aid and scholarship estimates
- Discuss preliminary eligibility for college-awarded scholarships
- Determine, if any, financial boundaries for college selection
- Design college funding plan
- Estimate EFC (Expected Family Contribution) for FAFSA and, if required, CSS Profile.
- Review financial awards (as appropriate) and clarify family financial obligations to the college
- Discuss financial aid forms
- Award Letter review
- Standardized Test Preparation: semi-private with 3 students or less
- Summer College Essay Writing Workshop
- Preparing For Life After College: Professional Job Search Program
Resume building, social media, interview prep, job search, etc.