To Our Students
This is an exciting and important time for you, and we want you to know that we are committed to providing our absolute best effort. In return, we ask for no less than your best effort. Working together, we are confident that we will see the best outcome for your college admissions campaign.
Here is what we expect from you:
- Take this effort seriously by making time to attend, participate and engage in our college planning meetings and complete all requested college planning assignments.
- Recognize that a successful outcome requires that college planning milestones and meetings are as important as your athletic, employment and recreational activities.
- Except for illness and other events beyond your control, you will make every effort to be on time for meetings.
- Work with your SFC Advisor to establish a clear admissions strategy which incorporates your personal traits, preferences, and abilities.
- Apply to at least eight colleges (even if applying Early Decision) that you would be happy to attend.
- Take seriously the objective assessment of your competitive position based the College Admissions Profile (CAP) Score.
- Become familiar with and adhere to the deadlines and milestones essential to admission and, if appropriate, your eligibility for college financial assistance and merit scholarships.
- Inform your Advisor and your parents about any changes in priorities, preferences, or criteria that might impact your college list, scholarships, or financial aid.
- Work with your parents to establish the best possible schedule for visiting candidate colleges.
- On college visits, interact with admissions representatives, students, faculty, and coaches (where applicable).
- Collaborate with your SFC Advisor to understand and apply the principles of sound decision-making when making your final college decision.
- Ask for more help, more time, or anything else when you need it.
- Do your best to have fun and learn more about how big decisions get made!
I understand and agree to the above.