Standardized Test Preparation Package
Step 1: Complete a full-length, timed SAT and ACT to:
- familiarize the student with the nuances of both tests
- build a timeline of study for the student and decide when to begin preparing
- increase confidence in taking standardized testsStep 2: Initiate and complete the formal coaching program which consists of:
- seven weeks of coaching prior to taking the actual ACT or SAT
- three coaching sessions per week (total of 21 coaching sessions)
- coaching strategies are tailored to the results from the diagnostic tests
- formal review of actual test results to determine need for additionalcoaching
- Be accessible to the student via text and email between coaching sessions
- Provide “tailored” coaching that is consistent with the student’s ability andoverall objective for college admission
Coach’s Message: This is an important time for you, and I want you to know that I am committed to providing you with my very best effort. In return, I’m asking for no less than your best effort. Working together, I’m confident that we will see the best outcome for your standardized testing. In that regard, let’s agree that you will:
- Provide immediate disclosure of any learning disabilities which may impact our advice
- Set a realistic goal score for my ACT and/or SAT with my Coach based on my diagnosticassessment and my college admission goal
- Work with my Coach to establish a clear strategy to improve each section of my ACT/SATand share that strategy with my parents
- Respond promptly to emails and texts from my Coach
- Take this effort seriously: a successful outcome for me requires that I elevate test prep atleast to the level of athletic, employment and recreational activities
- Except for illness and other events beyond my control, I will make every effort to be ontime and avoid rescheduling my meetings
- Maintain the confidentiality of copyrighted documents received (i.e., do not shareproprietary information with any third parties)
- Ask for more help when needed
- Have fun!
Meetings and Other Interactions
Your seven-week program will be scheduled according to the dates you register to take the official SAT and/or ACT. You will be scheduled for three coaching sessions per week (21 total) and a session to review your actual test results. Please note that 21 sessions over seven weeks are required for you to be successful with this program.
Payment is due in advance and can be made on the Company website. We accept all major credit and debit cards.
Term of Agreement, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
The agreement begins on the date of enrollment and ends after the final review session. This agreement may be canceled at any time, by either party with notice by email. If you cancel, for whatever reason, you will be issued a transferable pro-rata credit to be used in the future for any Strategies For College service. If we cancel the agreement for cause, no refund will be issued. Remember, when we enroll a student in this program, time is booked in advance, and that time cannot be recovered. Legitimate refunds will not be unreasonably withheld.
We will always protect your right to privacy. By “you” or “your”, we mean your entire family and any information that is disclosed to us as part of this engagement. We collect nonpublic personal information about you that is either provided to us by you or obtained by us with your authorization. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information obtained through our engagement except as required or permitted by law. Permitted disclosures include, for instance, providing information to our employees and consultants who use this information to assist us in providing services to you. In all such situations, we stress the confidential nature of information being shared. We retain physical and digital records relating to the professional services that have been provided and the fees you have paid. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural security safeguards to protect these records. Records relating to the services provided are destroyed upon your request or three years after the completion of our engagement.
Revised August 10, 2022