Comprehensive College Planning Services
The Comprehensive Program is our flagship package and utilizes a team of three specialists in the areas of college funding, college admissions and personality/career assessment to apply our “Three Pillar” consulting model. Colleges are identified based on your specific funding plan, the criteria you specify AND the personality and career assessments completed by your student. Our team of professional specialists will keep you organized and on top of every deadline from start to finish. Reduce your stress and enjoy this unique time of life with your college bound teen.
GUARANTEE: If your student does not return to their original college for second semester for reasons other than grades, disciplinary action, illness or the like, we will help the student identify and gain admission to a new college at no charge.
Special Note Regarding Extended Payments
If you choose an extended payment plan, you will incur an addition finance fee between $100 – $350. Payments are structured as follows: Initial deposit + either six or ten equal monthly payments.
Payments are processed through PayPal. You DO NOT need a PayPal account to make your payment, but we we accept PayPal. To bypass the PayPal login, simply select “Pay With Debit or Credit Card” when you reach the payment screen and proceed. Thank you.
A few highlights …
- Private account in College Planner Pro
- Thorough personality/major assessments with career professional, (minimum of 2 meetings)
- Discuss standardized testing strategies (ACT vs. SAT)
- Provide Diagnostic ACT/SAT (as needed)
- Broad discussion of student’s curriculum & GPA calculation
- Provide feedback from ACT/SAT diagnostic and recommendations for ACT/SAT prep
- Evaluate student’s competitive position with College Admissions Profile (CAP) Index
- Discuss preliminary eligibility for CAMPUS BASED merit scholarships
- Identify up to 20 colleges that fit family search criteria
- Provide visit and interview counseling
- Discuss finer points of “demonstrated interest”
- Brainstorm with advisee on extracurricular and vacation period activities, work, volunteering
- Review student observation after four college visits (or acceptable substitute activity)
- Arrive at final list of 6-8 colleges
- Review Personal Statement (essay) & deadline for completion
- Discuss letters of recommendation strategy
- Review Common Application registration & overview
- College Essay Writing Workshop
- Review 8 completed applications:
- Review online Common Application
- Review Common Application Personal Essay
- Review Common Application College Specific Supplements
- Review Common Application College Specific Supplemental Essays
- Review and discuss additional required admissions forms
- Provide detailed aid eligibility analysis, financial aid, and scholarship estimates
- Design college funding plan
- Recommend outside financial professionals as needed to implement advanced planning
- Determine financial “boundary conditions” for college selection (if appropriate)Discuss financial aid forms
- Provide guidance for obtaining FSA IDs for parent and student, and CSS Profile login
- Manage financial aid application process for FAFSA and if required, CSS Profile.
- Review financial awards (as appropriate) & clarify family financial obligations to the college
- SFC Admissions Advisor available through first term of first college year
- SFC College Funding Specialist available for questions and aid application review for each year of college