Strategies For College Financial Standalone Package
The College Funding Program provides you with the insight and guidance required to fund college using your financial resources in the most efficient manner possible. Ideally, you will qualify for various types of scholarships, grants and low cost student loans. Services include:
- Provide detailed aid eligibility analysis with financial aid and scholarship estimates
- Discuss strategies to optimize (reduce) the family contribution as appropriate to your circumstances.
- Determine, if any, financial boundaries for college selection
- Design college funding plan
- Calculate EFC (Expected family Contribution) for FAFSA and, if required, CSS Profile.
- Review financial awards (as appropriate) and clarify family financial obligations to the college
Although there are no guarantees, outcomes depend in part upon each of us fulfilling our respective responsibilities as follows:
- Be accessible to both you and your student in accordance with the scope and terms described in this agreement
- Provide quality information and professional advice consistent with the services described in this agreement
- Maintain your financial privacy
- Assist with defining tasks, plans, and schedules in support of college financial aid applications
- Submit timely, accurate, and complete information as needed
- Maintain the confidentiality of copyrighted documents received (i.e., do not share information with any third parties)
- Provide timely disclosure of any changes in our financial circumstances which may impact our advice
- Coach you in how to correspond with college officials to resolve student/family-specific issues regarding admission and financial aid
- Advise us of any changes in address, phone numbers, email addresses
Warranties, Service Limitations, and Confidentiality
We do not guarantee college funding from any source. We do not provide legal, tax or investment advice. We do not assist with seeking third party (private, non-college) scholarships. Contact your high school guidance office for third-party scholarship sources and information. Absent very unusual family circumstances and without a specific power of attorney, we cannot interact with college officials directly on your or your student’s behalf.
Meetings and Other Interactions
Meetings and other interactions are scheduled according to when you begin the program. Meeting intervals will vary but conform to the Milestones Project Plan. This will allow ample time to complete assigned tasks. Unlimited email support is provided with this agreement. We encourage you and your student to use this resource to supplement meetings.
Please complete the information on our website with your counselor for secure transmission of your sensitive data. We accept all major credit cards, and electronic funds transfer through your checking or savings account.
Term of Agreement, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
This agreement may be canceled at any time, by either party with notice by email. If you cancel the agreement within five business days of the date signed below, a refund of your payment less $250 will be issued. If you cancel the agreement after five business days of the date signed below, a refund of your payment less $250, less an additional $250 per hour for any work initiated will be issued.
We will always protect your right to privacy. By “you” or “your,” we mean your entire family and any information that is disclosed to us as part of this engagement. We collect nonpublic personal information about you that is either provided to us by you or obtained by us with your authorization. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information obtained through our engagement except as required or permitted by law. Permitted disclosures include, for instance, providing information to our employees and consultants who use this information to assist us in providing services to you. In all such situations, we stress the confidential nature of information being shared. We retain physical and digital records relating to the professional services that have been provided and the fees you have paid. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural security safeguards to protect these records. Records relating to the services provided are destroyed upon your request or three years after the completion of our engagement.