College Admissions Services
This offering is for those families who are confident in their ability fund the full cost of attendance at any college to which the student is admitted. A personal admissions specialist works with the student to identify colleges that “fit” academically and socially. Once the initial list of colleges is refined to the final list, the admissions specialist coaches the student through the nuances of the admissions process. This includes assisting the student with applications, essays and making the final decision. The admissions specialist is available to the family through the first semester of college.
Discussion of college funding, financial aid and merit scholarships is not included in the scope of services.
Please read our Scope of Services document before making purchase.
When purchasing this product, you will be asked to create an account. If you have already registered for the learning center, please log in to complete the transaction. If you have not registered, you can register at check out by simply providing your email and a password.
Sample Scope of Services:
- Personal admissions specialist works with student individually - no group sessions
- Private account in College Planner Pro to manage the entire admissions process
- Discuss standardized testing strategies (ACT vs. SAT)
- Provide Diagnostic ACT/SAT with our Test Specialist at no charge
- Broad discussion of student’s curriculum & GPA calculation
- Provide feedback from ACT/SAT diagnostic and recommendations for ACT/SAT prep
- Evaluate student’s competitive position with College Admissions Profile (CAP) Index
- Identify an initial list of 20-30 colleges that fit family search criteria
- Provide visit and interview counseling
- Discuss finer points of “demonstrated interest”
- Brainstorm with student on extracurricular and vacation period activities, work, volunteering
- Review student observations after four college visits (or acceptable substitute activity)
- Arrive at final list of 6-8 colleges
- Review Personal Statement (essay) & deadline for completion
- Discuss letters of recommendation strategy
- Review Common Application registration & overview
- College Essay Writing Workshop (no charge)
- Review 8 completed applications:
- Review online Common Application
- Review Common Application Personal Essay
- Review Common Application College Specific Supplements
- Review Common Application College Specific Supplemental Essays
- Review and discuss additional required admissions forms
One Payment, 5-Pay